What's On: Summer 2018
I find going back to work after the Christmas and New Year break is a rather humdrum affair. The glimpse of holidays slowly fades as the new year with new challenges comes into full view. But that should not be the case at all! There is plenty of summer to be had and activities to enjoy.
Keep reading for my list of what's happening this summer 2018.
Make any night of the week fun with a evening at one of the outdoor cinemas around town.
- In the city, you will find Rooftop Cinema at Curtain House. Grab a cocktail, burger, blanket, popcorn and a comfy beach chair and watch the latest hit amongst the sky scrapers of Melbourne.
- Swap urban for greenery at the Botanic Gardens Moonlight Cinema.
- In the inner East, Hawthorn, join Lido Cinemas for some cult classics on their intimate rooftop. Including films such as Empire Records, Night At The Roxbury and Muriel's Wedding.
This Saturday 13th January, the Portsea Polo will come alive with a stylish social scene, ponies, and plenty of food and wine. This is one event of the summer social calendar not to be missed.
So Frenchy, So Chic
Come and enjoy a chic day on the lawn surrounded by French tunes, champagne and good vibes at So Frenchy, So Chic. This year, the boutique festival is also visiting Adelaide for the first time as well as Melbourne on Sunday and Sydney the following weekend on Saturday 20th. Adeladeans will have the chance to experience a slice of France as the sun sets this Friday night. Féfé, the crowd favourite, returns with brand new tunes of Afro-influenced beats. And of course, it would not be French without the food. Mussels, oysters, crepes, charcuterie, cheese platters, raclette, macaroons and ice-cream will be on offer as well as French champagne flowing all day. I will be there with my boater and camera snapping pictures, I hope to see you there. Make sure you grab your tickets if you haven't already. Shop tickets here: https://goo.gl/NKfG1B.
Australian Open 2018
Beginning January 15th, the Australian Open will be the talk of the town until the finals play on January 28th. Join the action with a Ground Pass, Rod Laver Arena seat or Margaret Court Area seat.
- ...See the Australian Ballet perform. Choreographer Graeme Murphy's ballet, Murphy, will be on in March. I cannot wait to see that. I have my AB season pass all ready!
- ...Have a weekend down the Great Ocean Road and cheer on the swimmers participating in the Pier to Pub in Lorne.
- ...Decide to stay in and tune into SBS On Demand. There are fantastic movies on offer as well as international series including French thriller Just One Look starring French actress Virginie Ledoyen. A must-watch if you are looking for a gripping series to binge on over summer.
- ...Visit Point Leo Estate and find out for yourself what all the fuss is about.
What are you up to this summer season? Share in a comment below.