Maslow & Co. Beauty Exploration
Maslow members receive a bi-monthly box each with a carefully-curated selection of 6+ beauty and/or skincare products. Each box, or edition, represents a new country. The first edition was from Australia, the United Kingdom followed and the current box is from New Zealand.
Maslow & Co. only sources the most innovative brands and hard to find products so I wasn't surprised to find that the New Zealand selection were not only beautifully packaged and presented, but were also some of the best natural and organic products I've ever tried.
For the past month, I have used each of these products everyday. Here's my Maslow experience:
1. Upon opening the Maslow box, the delicious scent of lime and ginger wafted out. The Ethique Body Polish smells so good and feels even better on the skin. The cocoa butter and bamboo powder softens the skin, making showering a glorious experience.
2. When it comes to skincare I try to buy natural and organic that is better for both my skin and the environment. I have not had a makeup remover on my bathroom shelf for six months because I haven't found a natural one that I like. This means that each night I have difficulty removing my makeup with only face cleanser. And each morning I resemble a panda roused from slumber. Attractive, I know.
I was excited to try Martina Organics Oil Cleanser as this delicate oil not only cleanses but also removes makeup and SPF products, leaving the skin beautiful, soft and hydrated. It was everything I was hoping for.
3. Evolu Recovery Day Cream is extremely lightweight and absorbs easily into the skin. After cleansing, I smooth on this moisturiser before eye cream, then the serum (see both below) and then I apply my makeup. Evolu makes the perfect base. Also try: Evolu Anti - Ageing Day Cream.
4. Linden Leaves skincare range is "designed to inspire a moment of peace in each day". I love this sentiment as I feel that the beauty routine is a chance to take a moment to yourself. When applying eye cream, remember to take the time and do it properly. The correct way is to gently press and tap from the inner corner of the eye to the outer, working around the orbital bone. Try not to pull and rub the delicate skin around the eye, less you reverse the good deeds of the eye cream.
5. Sans [ceuticals] Baobab Body Cream lives on my desk. I use it everyday for my hands. The cream absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any greasiness. This regenerative cream can also be used for eczema and psoriasis.
6. Serum has become one of my favourite beauty products recently and the Antipodes Superfood Serum from the Maslow box is incredible. My skin glows after using this Chia and Kiwi serum and smells calming as well. Maslow tip: apply the serum after moisturiser for the best results.
All of the products in the Maslow box are either luxury travel size or full size so you are able to trial them over a longer period of time. The helpful little booklet included in each box describes the products, lists the ingredients and how to use them.
The June edition is a West Coast USA box. I can't wait to see what is inside!
As a special gift to my readers, sign up to an annual membership and receive the New Zealand edition free by entering the unique code: LEILADY.