What's on: June '15
Today is WA Day. I hope you're relaxing today and enjoying this incredible state.
Here's what's on this month:
1. Ice Hockey Classic
Welcome the winter the right way and watch a game of Ice Hockey. See the pros battle it out, US takes on Canada at Perth Arena on June 20. Or watch one of many local games at Perth Ice Arena.
Make a weekend of it and help celebrate the launch of the truffle season in Manjimup (approximately 3 hours from Perth). Beginning on Friday 26th with a five-course Harvest Dinner and going through to Sunday 28th June, there are plenty of events on. From farmers markets to masterclasses, there's something for everyone to enjoy. Purchase your tickets here.
FOOD & DRINK
Winter has finally come and while Perth hasn't exactly caught up yet weather wise, you will need to know the places to retreat to when the weather does turn.
Here are a few restaurants, bars and cafes that will make you forget about the weather outdoors.
- Oyster Frenzy at Print Hall.
- Jazz and Shiraz night at Tarts Cafe every Wednesday.
- Lucky Chan's Laundry and Noodlebar.
- Sneaky Tony's (find out the password to gain entry on their Facebook page).
- The Heritage. Their Fixed Menu is a winner. Dine between 5pm and 6pm, Monday to Saturday and pay $45 for 2 courses and $55 for 3 courses.
- Andaluz Bar and Tapas.
What are you doing this month? Are there any restaurants or bars you recommend?