Elements to a Happy Life
Reading past journal entries can be quite entertaining but also enlightening. I came across a list I made in 2010, a list of things that make me happy.
Here it is:
- Family get togethers involving delicious food and conversations that almost always go askew.
- Quality time with friends, laughing, crying and everything in between.
- Finding love, platonic or romantic. Love always brings happiness.
- Playing with my dog, burying my nose into her fur no matter how much she squirms.
- Clear blue sky and the warm sun on my back.
- The feeling of the new, when the first sign of spring is upon us.
- The smell of sunscreen that tells us summer is here.
- Amazing cities. For me it's Paris and New York City.
- Great photography, paintings, films and stories never fail to inspire me and bring tears to my eyes.
- Cocktails and long chats with the girls.
- A hug from your boyfriend, there's nothing better.
- Traveling to a new place, exploring a new city, tasting the cultural delicacies and meeting the locals.
- Putting thought into how you dress for the day and feeling good as you walk out the door. It will most certainly make your day a great one.
- Getting a compliment from someone.
- Giving a compliment to someone and seeing their reaction.
- Catching up for coffee with best friend, telling stories and reminiscing on old times.
- Becoming motivated by something little and suddenly you cannot wait to jump into it and get going.
- Dancing, anywhere, anytime, is always a great feeling.
- Singing out loud whether it's by yourself, in your car, in the shower, with friends or at karaoke.
- Exercising and letting off steam, it releases endorphins and feels wonderful.
- Eating something really, really delicious.
- Yoga, stretching out and forgetting the past and future, at least for a moment. Concentrating on the present is wonderfully refreshing and puts life into perspective.
- Faking happiness, even if you don't feel it, actually is meant to bring on the real thing.
- Doing something and doing it well.
Sometimes it can be the simplest things which make us smile.
What are some things that make you happy?
To wish you a glorious weekend, here is a quote that I love and always look back to.
Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you, and be okay with it.
Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy