What's On: September 2015
September is the month of fashion as Telstra Perth Fashion Festival gets into full swing. Perth comes alive with runways, community events and stylish individuals roaming the streets. Here are some ideas on how to enjoy Perth this fashion festival season.
1. Come and support emerging and established WA designers at WA Born this Friday night at Whipper Snapper Distillery. Funds go towards animal conservation in collaboration with World Wide Fund. Buy your tickets here.
2. Get outside and enjoy the sunshine at Karrinyup Active Living Lunch on Sunday, September 13. With barefoot bowls, a fashion parade, drinks, healthy bites and a gift bag, what more could you want out of a weekend! Tickets $60 + Booking Fee.
3. Akira Isogawa will officially open his Spring/Summer 2015 exhibition at Claremont Quarter featuring original re-worked archives from his twenty-five year career. From Monday, September 21 to Saturday, October 10. FREE
4. Legendary fashion illustrator David Downton will be exhibiting his latest exhibition Front Row with David Downton. Featuring illustrations drawn from the front row of couture shows, including Saint Laurent and Dior. If you enjoy fashion, art or both, this exhibition is not to be missed. Location: THERE IS...a gallery, 49 Stuart Street, Northbridge. Opening times 10.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. FREE
5. Windows of the City: Some of WA’s leading artists, including Pippa McManus and Mekel, have teamed up with fashion, food and lifestyle retailers to turn their shop windows into installations of art. Vote for your favourite window through PerthNow.com.au to go into the running to win one of four $4,000 shopping sprees! Free event, different locations around the city. Download the TPFF App from the Apple Store or Google Play to find out more.
What are you up to this month?